Most women are concerned with the fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes. Others are worried about dark circles, lack of firmness, and eye bags. These problems are not surprising, since the thin skin surrounding the eyes is fragile and is usually where we can see signs of aging.
Women who are using face creams as part of their skincare routine make the mistake of thinking that they don’t need another product to care for the skin around their eyes. Unfortunately, the eye area needs extra care and it only makes sense to use products that are formulated for this delicate skin.
To help you choose the best eye cream, we’ve done the research for you. Read on to learn more about choosing the best eye cream.
Choosing the Best Eye Cream
As we mentioned earlier, what the eye area needs is delicate care that will not cause irritation. Here are some things to look for in your eye cream:
- Natural ingredients: We cannot stress enough the importance of choosing products that contain natural ingredients. These eye creams should be free from toxins, animal byproducts, and artificial fragrances. This will ensure that you can use the eye cream with confidence knowing that your eye area will stay hydrated, nourished, and protected without untoward reactions.
- Peptides: These are amino acids composed of proteins such as elastin and collagen, which your eye skin needs to make them firm and young-looking.
- Green tea: This ingredient comes with antioxidants that protect and soothe the sensitive eye area to make it look fresh.
- Vitamin C: This ingredient helps reduce dark spots, gives that healthy glowing skin, and helps even out the skin tone.
- SPF: All parts of the body that are exposed to the sun need sun protection, including your eyes. Looking for a day eye cream with SPF is necessary especially for dark circles, puffy, and sagging eyes.
Benefits of Using Eye Cream
Younger women may think that they don’t need an eye cream but using one is a smart preventative step to keep the eye area looking young and relaxed. For more mature women, using eye creams come with plenty of benefits.
Here are some reasons why you should include eye creams in your skincare routine:
- Prevent premature signs of aging: The biggest factor in making you look older than your actual age is dry, tired, and sagging skin around the eyes. This can happen due to dehydration and environmental factors. A moisture-rich eye cream with antioxidants can help address these issues.
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines: Using eye creams can smoothen out fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area.
- Reduce puffy eyes: Lack of sleep, aging, and allergies can lead to puffy eyes. Luckily, eye creams may contain ingredients to soothe puffiness around the eyes.
- Minimize dark circles: Natural eye creams help reduce dark circles around the eyes, especially if they contain the right ingredients to brighten up the complexion around the eyes.
- Helps in hydration: The delicate area around the eyes needs special attention, which your eye cream can give. Using the right amount of natural ingredients, it will nourish and hydrate the skin without irritating it.
- Even the skin tone: Healthy-looking skin is one that’s moisturized and nourished with radiant, even skin tone.
- Preps the skin: Another benefit of eye cream is that it lets you apply concealer more evenly and prevent the buildup of expressions at the end of the day.
- Nourish and protect: The delicate skin around your eyes is more prone to irritants than the other areas of the face. Eye creams are specially made with ingredients that are made to protect and give nourishment to this part of your face.
- Freshens the eyes: The eye area naturally loses its elasticity with time. On top of sun exposure, allergens, and different expressions we make, this area could use some care. Eye creams help soothe tired eyes while making them smooth and supple.
The Best Eye Creams for Your Every Concern
Best Eminence Eye Cream: Hibiscus Ultra Lift Eye Cream
If you’re looking for an eye cream to reduce puffiness fast, then the Hibiscus Ultra Lift Eye Cream is perfect for you. It works right underneath the skin around the eyes to give you that instant firm look without the puffiness.
Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles: Wild Plum Eye Cream & Marine Flower Peptide
Get rid of dark circles under your eyes with our Marine Flower Peptide and Wild Plum Eye Creams. Wild Plum is made of iron-rich plum that works to brighten the eye area, making it more radiant and refreshed. Marine Flower Peptide eye cream is rich in algae extracts and plant peptides to minimize the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes.
Best Eye Cream for Wrinkles: Marine Flower Peptide Eye Cream
While wrinkles and fine lines are unavoidable as we age, our products at Eminence Organics work to help women age beautifully.
For crow’s feet, again we recommend using Marine Flower Peptide Eye Cream, which uses naturally derived peptides and a Smart Collagen+ Complex that works to clearly lift and freshen the eye area.
We recommend layering the eye cream with Hibiscus Instant Line Filler, which will smoothen the appearance of lines and wrinkles quickly. What many women love about this product is that it comes with a curved tip applicator, which allows them to conveniently apply the product.
Best Under Eye Cream: Snow Mushroom Moisture Cloud
As we get older, the skin around the eyes becomes less elastic, which may result in more noticeable eye bags. The solution to this is targeted treatment. Our Snow Mushroom Moisture Cloud eye cream is made of potent botanical peptides to reduce under-eye bags and provide a rested look.
Best Night Eye Cream: Lavender Age Corrective Night Eye Cream
If you want to address your eye area issues even while you sleep, we recommend Lavender Age Corrective Night Eye Cream, which contains stem cells that work on the deeper layers of the skin. This means that it can work on reducing the appearance of crow’s feet and deep lines while you’re getting your beauty rest.
This eye cream works for the long-term so it doesn’t give you that instant younger-looking look. The cream is best used with other products that address the puffiness and dark circles for that long-lasting fresh face.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream: Bearberry Eye Repair Cream
To restore the elasticity and radiance around tired eyes, we recommend Bearberry Eye Repair Cream. It comes with natural bearberry extracts, which work to brighten the eye area. It also has red clover extracts that work to minimize visible signs of aging. Hop extracts help to tone and calm the skin while parsley seed extracts help to reduce visible signs of aging.
When Should You Apply Eye Cream?
Eye cream can be used at any time of the day. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use it in the morning: Ideally, choose a lightweight product especially if you wear makeup over it. Find something with SPF, or if your product doesn’t have it, use a sunscreen product for the face.
- Use it at night: Using a night eye cream should be a part of your evening skincare routine. When you use eye cream at night, the healthy ingredients are absorbed by the skin, making it more effective at hydrating and moisturizing this area.
To maximize the care you get from eye creams, it’s best to have different formulas for your daytime and nighttime use. You don’t need to reapply a product, whether it’s day or night.
Other Ways to Care For the Skin Around the Eyes
Aside from using an effective skin product, the following steps should help keep those wrinkles at bay:
- Massage the eye area: To improve circulation and minimize puffiness around the eye area, you can give it a gentle massage.
- Keep skin clean: Never go to sleep without removing your makeup, especially around the eye area. With a safe and gentle makeup remover, remove all makeup before going to sleep.
- Protect the eyes: Protect your eyes against the elements by wearing sunglasses and a hat. Choose sunglasses that have UVA and UVB protection to help minimize chances of getting skin cancer. Sunglasses will also help reduce the formation of fine lines around the eye area.
Eye Cream Application Tips
When applying eye cream, you should use a very gentle motion as you apply the product around your eyes. Avoid putting on too much eye cream. It’s best to use eye cream right after cleansing, just after towel-drying, to ensure better absorption.
Dab eye cream along the top of your cheekbone, gently blending it in and using a tapping motion. Ensure that you don’t get eye cream into your eyes.
Shop from our selection of best eye creams today!